Friday, November 6, 2009

A long awaited thought!

First, I want to apologize for how long it’s taken me to update my blog. I don’t have many followers, but you are all faithful so please forgive me.

What happened?
By Amanda Robin

One day I was on top
Of the world
I was a promising,
Young,
Genetics major
With
A scholarship,
A loving boyfriend,
Fifty sisters to call my own!

Then I was in a place
That a judge
Decided
I was to stay for
72 hours.
I had lost my
Freedom,
Hope,
Love.

Now I live everyday
With a illness that
Limits me
In society
Life,
Career.

However, I have
My Freedom
Like never before
Knowing my limits
Hope
Knowing
One day there will
Be a cure.
Love of a group
Of people with
My illness
That know no bounds
Of understanding

3 comments:

  1. So good to see you back again Amanda, and yes - isn't it miraculous to have the love of a group of people who understand! Makes all the difference. Love to you LA x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Manda... Know you are NEVER without love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lil. I know us "crazy" people are pretty good at love.

    Maddie. Thank you for saying I am never with out love, but when I was that sick, I didn't know. I didn't even trust my parents at the time!

    ReplyDelete